<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  Funny Club Photos (All Pieces to Date)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:18 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Okay, I think I got them all!

Please forgive the poor quality of the photos....I tried to make sure each photo also shows the tag so you'll have the artist's name too.

7 pages of photos (almost 200 total) are located here:

http://rotofugi.com/images/FunnyClub2005/FunnyClub2005.html

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:43 am
additional Funny Club Show photos can be found at
www.evilvince.com

Thanks to everyone at the 'Fugi

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:54 am
User avatarJoined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:46 amPosts: 4Location: Austin, Texas
Awesome! Wish I could've made it to the opening.

Thanks to Funny Club and Rotofugi for letting me be part of this incredible group of artists!

http://www.gigposters.com/designers.php?designer=17410

www.kollectivefusion.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:42 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
bdix wrote:
Awesome! Wish I could've made it to the opening.

Thanks to Funny Club and Rotofugi for letting me be part of this incredible group of artists!

Your piece is awesome! THANK YOU!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:23 pm
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:17 pmPosts: 4Location: Toluka Lake
my piece got jacked when i shipped it ...
sucks

this is how it use to look like:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:28 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:01 amPosts: 41Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Dang! There is some great stuff in there I hadn't seen before, thanks for taking all of those photos! Man it must have been fun printing all those little labels.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:52 pm
glenn22deep wrote:
my piece got jacked when i shipped it ...
sucks

We'll see if we can put things straight. Shipping wasn't friendly to several pieces.

If it's any consolation, your piece still looks hot. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:59 pm
heheh... thanks dude!!!
there's alot of really good figures made for that show!!

are they selling the stuff already? or are they gonna wait for the last show to sell it??

cant wait for that show to come to L.A.!!!

we'll video the whole show...
and try to talk to the rest of the designers

--------
TCGC!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:17 pm
User avatarRoto IdolJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:07 pmPosts: 286Location: KC
WOW :shock:

I'm speechless!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:08 pm
Roto FriendJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:04 amPosts: 102Location: gundO, cali
hey glenn..............
i hear ya on that.............my pieces took a beating (things coming loose, things falling off, etc.) as well.....i did not even realize it till i started seeing these posted pix, and seeing figs lookin like they were gonna topple over and pieces missing in action........bottem line.....these things are just really fragile. especially when you start tacking weight onto these little things, then letting UPS get ahold of them. you can put as many FRAGILE warnings all over the box, and pay extra to have them handle it with kit gloves, but in the end, they are still gonna toss, throw, kick, and take their lunch break naps on the boxes you ship..................and these things still need to come to LA, go to 2 places in Taiwaan, then come back to the states!..............something tells me mine is coming back in a zillion pieces.
i had a couple of guardian angels in chicago, doing surgery, for which i am huge grateful, but these things are only gonna take being thrown on and off trucks for so long till they will revolt, and just not accept anymore glue.

back in the old days, when i would do a 2D piece of art on illustration board for a client, and sent it out via FDX, they would always find a way to fold the art in half!..........everytime!.........then when i got smart. and put masonite in the package, then, i really think that the drivers invented a machine to bend packages that they could not do by hand, cause they still found a way to fug it up.

anyway........rant rant rant...........these things are fragile lil creatures on a long, hard trip...........they, unfortunatly, are gonna get trashed. we can only hope that we have the likes of the Fugis to mend them, and take care of them while they are making their guest stops.

F*** FDX and UPS (and the pony express, for that matter),
miQ

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:19 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:27 pmPosts: 133Location: vinyl land x disney world
miQmott wrote:
hey glenn..............
i hear ya on that.............my pieces took a beating (things coming loose, things falling off, etc.) as well.....i did not even realize it till i started seeing these posted pix, and seeing figs lookin like they were gonna topple over and pieces missing in action........bottem line.....these things are just really fragile. especially when you start tacking weight onto these little things, then letting UPS get ahold of them. you can put as many FRAGILE warnings all over the box, and pay extra to have them handle it with kit gloves, but in the end, they are still gonna toss, throw, kick, and take their lunch break naps on the boxes you ship..................and these things still need to come to LA, go to 2 places in Taiwaan, then come back to the states!..............something tells me mine is coming back in a zillion pieces.
i had a couple of guardian angels in chicago, doing surgery, for which i am huge grateful, but these things are only gonna take being thrown on and off trucks for so long till they will revolt, and just not accept anymore glue.

back in the old days, when i would do a 2D piece of art on illustration board for a client, and sent it out via FDX, they would always find a way to fold the art in half!..........everytime!.........then when i got smart. and put masonite in the package, then, i really think that the drivers invented a machine to bend packages that they could not do by hand, cause they still found a way to fug it up.

anyway........rant rant rant...........these things are fragile lil creatures on a long, hard trip...........they, unfortunatly, are gonna get trashed. we can only hope that we have the likes of the Fugis to mend them, and take care of them while they are making their guest stops.

F*** FDX and UPS (and the pony express, for that matter),
miQ

MiQ,,,yes ur right..no matter how much u label and pay for extra the figs won't be 100% safe like origanl..unless u can devliery to gallery by personal,.we didn't have much repair for big marjor problem.but thuys piecs need to repair also.. we only have very few has small damged.other wise is like origanl feel.so thanks for all who parcitpting this event:)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:35 pm
yeah man :mrgreen: :TCIMH-SadRoto:

i think UPS and FedEX throws it a little harder everytime they see a "FRAGILE" label on the box....
:evil: :x :twisted: :!:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:43 pm
glenn22deep wrote:
yeah man :mrgreen: :TCIMH-SadRoto:

i think UPS and FedEX throws it a little harder everytime they see a "FRAGILE" label on the box....
:evil: :x :twisted: :!:

I've actually had a package delivery guy (not naming names here, I gotta ship a lotta stuff) tell me that this is essentially true. I guess the lower paid droids enjoy kicking the shite out of boxes marked fragile...grrrr... :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:55 pm
Oh yeah, and before we condemn everyone who works for these fine companies...I know for a fact that we have at least one board regular who is employed by one of said companies...and I KNOW he's a stand-up kinda guy. :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:45 pm
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:17 amPosts: 2Location: Gig Harbor
Hi everyone,

All the funny club stuff looks great.
Wish I could make it out to sweet home Chicago to see them all.

Thanks for the shelf space Rotofugi.