<  Toy Chat  ~  CHUB CITY SDCC EXCLUSIVE FIGURES!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:46 pm
User avatarJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:58 pmPosts: 36Location: P-TOWN, CALI
Anybody going to San Diego Comic Con?...If you are check this!

With Comic Con barely a month away, I guess I can spill the beans on the 3 exclusive figures that we've been working on....YEH, I said three!!

Throughout the whole Comic Con weekend, Thurs.-Sunday, we will be selling a special deco of CHUB C. and HYPE. They are both sportin' a "BOOM BOX" camo-print and are limited to 1500 pieces each.

And then on Saturday, ONLY, we will be selling a very special TRACE figure with a deco designed by Shepard Fairey/ OBEY. This figure is limited to only 1000 pieces. This figure will definitely sell out, so get to our booth on Saturday early to get yours!

Jada Toys will be at booth #5313 stop by and check out the whole CHUB CITY line!..WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

PEACE!

TT

CHUB C. (1500)

HYPE (1500)

TRACE (1000)

www.CHUBCITY.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:54 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
Sweet - these are gonna be must haves in my book - since the demise of "ledfoots" i've been hoping for a similar productline. jada Comes through again!

big thanks for the heads up TREDEEZEE!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:19 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
These are freakin' adorable!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:07 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon May 23, 2005 1:42 amPosts: 945Location: so. california
Im luvin the TRACE (1000)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:39 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
ooo000ooo wrote:
Sweet - these are gonna be must haves in my book - since the demise of "ledfoots" i've been hoping for a similar productline. jada Comes through again!

big thanks for the heads up TREDEEZEE!!

wait what happened to the ledfoots???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:13 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Must have a "TRACE" added to my Fairey collection!!!!

Image[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:26 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
lonecub -- from what i've been told MATTEL has canceled the ledfoots -- so if you happen to stumble accross one anywhere PICK IT UP !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:46 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Check your local TOYSRUS, but good luck finding it, the people that designed the box made it hard to even tell what it is, they just kind of showed up at some TOYSRUSes...

I'm looking through my two locals on Saturday morning...

I wish someone could post a photo of what I'm looking for???

Any help?? I'll share if I find some!!!!

Joe m500

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:33 pm
Hey hey!

Thanks for all the kind werds about the figures. It was a looonnnggg arduous process to get this line up on its feet and RUNNING!! The exclusives were a personal pain and pleasure to do :)

Here are a few more details about the EXCLUSIVES...

-The figures are around 2.5 IN. tall.
-They will come individually packed in a very nice display box w/ matching sleeve. (so you can't see what's inside. Fancy-Schmancy!)
-Unlike the actual line, these exclusives will not come with a car.
-The OBEYxTRACE will be individually numbered.
-The prices for each figure will be determined closer to COMIC
CON, but don't expect to spend a GAZILLION dollars. I quarentee they won't cost that much! haha!
-There is a chance that Shepard MIGHT make it out to the CON to sign, but HIGHLY DOUBTFUL, he is expecting his first baby around the time of the CON.

The whole LedFoots thing is sumthing that I think miQ would be best at addressing. Jada Toys is a company completely seperate of HW and Mattel. When you find out more about Chub City, I think you'll see how it has a completely different concept then LFs.

See y'all at SDCC booth# 5313(if you can make it)...I'll be there chillin' out with TRACE!...hey waitaminute...That's me...huh?

PEACE!

TT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:36 pm
Roto FriendJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:04 amPosts: 102Location: gundO, cali
.......its true, LFs sleeps with the fishes.
funny that something that was supposed to be a low run, legit line, got turned into a mass market scrooUp, then becomes rare and hard to find......the packaging didnt help.......at all................

but hey!........(sorry to piggy back Trace), but i have a new line coming out all on my own!.........they are called LedBods..........all solid diecast bodies!.....
take a sneak peak..........

ill beat you jada boys if its the last thing i do.............eeeeeeeeheeeeeeheeeeeeheeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(witch's cackle ala scooby doo)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:46 pm
Roto FriendJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:04 amPosts: 102Location: gundO, cali
.......you fellas askin about that other line......ill post some pics on a separate thread...........outta respect for me comrade Tracy.

miQ

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:34 pm
ledfoots or chub club may be totally different - i'm just glad to see a hole in the market filled.

i can get my diecast and vinyl fix in one package!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:19 pm
Thanks for all the kind words fellow Toy Lovers!

Quick update..our booth for COMIC CON got an UPgrade. We are moving from a smaller booth to a gigantor one....Ok, maybe not THAT huge but definitely bigger than our original booth. So with the UPgrade comes the new booth number..We will now be found at booth # 5229.

Stop by, buy our exclusive figs, pick up sum free swag, check out the ENTIRE Chub City line, or just punch me in the gut. See y'all in SD!

PEACE!

TT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:30 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:03 pmPosts: 309Location: Mississippi
Hype is badass. He's got that oldschool Beastie Boys thing going on! :cool:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:13 pm
hey everyone.. new here.. hows it goin???
so heres the question. didnt know which one to put this under... but i have a chub city obey edition.. fairey signed it 3 times.. never been out of the box... i dont know where to sell it. Im in the Tacoma, WA area... and there arent places around here to sell it.... i tried ebay but.. i dont have enough points or whatever.. help?

Offline Profile