<  Other Announcements  ~  Happy Independence Day!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:01 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
now it's a dentist office...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:45 am
User avatarRoto DorkJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:05 pmPosts: 165Location: tampa / chicago
Wonder if the building still has bad mojo...

One night, some guy was handcuffed to the steering wheel of his car and set ablaze right out in front of the club. By who, nobody knows. All sorts of voodoo stuff was painted on the sidewalk and building. From that day on all sorts of bad stuff used to happen there.

Creepy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:58 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon May 23, 2005 1:42 amPosts: 945Location: so. california
Marinaro500 wrote:
Happy 4th of July

HAHAHAH YES!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:18 am
Roto FriendJoined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:29 pmPosts: 86Location: Oregon
any fun fireworks are illegal in oregon... But that didn't stop me :D
Drove 12 hours to an indian reservation to get some real good stuff :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:43 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:08 pmPosts: 909
nice...I feel like the word "illegal" is pretty bendable when it comes to the 4th. the southside of chicago looked like a warzone with mortar boards and tubes for the festivities...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:21 pm
we can't have anything that leaves the ground, or firecrackers among other things.
I still somehow managed to save these and will be setting them off soon...
450 waterproof firecrackers
110 bottle rockets
22 mortars

May not be spectacular, but considering it's all illegal here and they are prosecuting this year, it's a nice stash I think
problem is that I live 1 block from the police department, so I can't set off any of my stuff here...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:42 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
niloc wrote:
we can't have anything that leaves the ground, or firecrackers among other things.
110 bottle rockets
22 mortars

May not be spectacular, but considering it's all illegal here and they are prosecuting this year, it's a nice stash I think
problem is that I live 1 block from the police department, so I can't set off any of my stuff here...

We also live a block from a police station and it didn't stop anyone. It sounded like D-Day the night of the 4th!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:59 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pmPosts: 1678Location: NYC
pretty quiet in the nyc, just heard the occasional firecrackers and bottle rockets :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:47 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
rotokirby wrote:
niloc wrote:
110 bottle rockets
22 mortars

We also live a block from a police station and it didn't stop anyone. It sounded like D-Day the night of the 4th!

Actually, I think the cops were setting them off in the ally behind the police station.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:45 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:31 pmPosts: 136
whitney...we didnt win the neth munny lets cry together :mad:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:54 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pmPosts: 385Location: Rotoland
They had to use shovels to clean up the fireworks remains down the block from us. It was a better show than many small towns I've been too.

Ron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:09 pm
rotowhitney wrote:
Actually, I think the cops were setting them off in the ally behind the police station.

hahaha. That's always been my theory here in Oregon. I think they confiscate the illegal fireworks only to keep them for themselves.

In Vancover, WA, Oregon police actually follow cars with Oregon plates from the firework store back into Oregon and they they arrest them. Pretty lame if you ask me. But at the same time, it makes getting illegal fireworks more thrilling.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:27 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 538Location: Shitcago
over the course of 2 days we lit off like $300 worth of shit.
i had a killer vacation.

Heaving Mass - Bass
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:59 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
Yunicorn wrote:
over the course of 2 days we lit off like $300 worth of shit.
i had a killer vacation.

imagine what you could've bought from roto with that money ... :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:32 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
revisecmw wrote:
nice...I feel like the word "illegal" is pretty bendable when it comes to the 4th. the southside of chicago looked like a warzone with mortar boards and tubes for the festivities...

dood i didn't know you were south side -- why the heck do we keep meeting way up at roto?

and yeah, the south side was nuts.
• car full of teenagers just cruising around throwing m80s out their windows
• my neighbor showing his 8 year old son how to defeat a child proof lighter so the kid could light "his own damn fireworks". *30 seconds later he smashes his empty 40oz bottle in the alley - classy*
• folks across the street converted the bed of thier pickup into a pool with the help of a plastic tarp and my garden hose
• folks across the street getting into a bit of a latenight scuffle with thier neighbors
• couple handfulls of spent bottle rocks in the yard... i wonder how many bounced off the house

I can only imagine what else was going on beyond the view of my window.

-- and snap

i just noticed that i'm a Roto Consigliere

can i get a knife instead of a gun?