<  Other Announcements  ~  Paypal Problems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:11 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
...we have several confirmed issues of people trying to pay with Paypal, but it not working with something like the following as the error message:

Quote:
We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm sending emails to Paypal support now to try to get it fixed. There is nothing wrong with our set up for sure because some people are still able to pay by paypal.

Thanks for your patience...we'll get this fixed!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:21 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Alright...I've notified Paypal that there is an issue...balls in their court now. Again, sorry to anyone having a problem...wish I knew what is going on!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:54 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:42 pmPosts: 106Location: Columbus, OH
I love how Paypal is only concerned with Ebay transactions in that paragraph and how to contact the person! :rolleyes2:

Operation: Fragmentation
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:52 pm
Desecration wrote:
I love how Paypal is only concerned with Ebay transactions in that paragraph and how to contact the person! :rolleyes2:

No doubt....if Paypal wasn't SO commonly used, we'd cut it. Their fees for merchants like ourselves are very high.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:03 pm
FYI to anyone having paypal problems...looks like we won't be getting this fixed ASAP...ugh....

Quote:
Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Support (MTS) and allowing us to be of service to you.

We are currently closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, on Monday January 15th, 2007.

We will review your question on the next business day. Please feel free to update your ticket, if you have any additional information or updates to your issue.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:43 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:42 pmPosts: 106Location: Columbus, OH
OMFG :eek:

I think I would ask them for some type of compensation for this mess. Maybe refunding a certain amount of fess or some such.
WOW.

Have you looked into the Google cart/payment system at all?

Last edited by Desecration on Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:50 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 1035Location: Mundelein, IL
Kirby, would you prefer we not use PayPal? I usually do just because it's convenient.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:57 pm
agitprop wrote:
Kirby, would you prefer we not use PayPal? I usually do just because it's convenient.

They have slightly higher fees, but we provide it exactly for the reason you stated, it's convenient for our customers (well, usually)....please continue to use it if it's best for you.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:39 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
I will continue to pay in pesos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:57 am
paypal tech support wrote:
Hello,

This issue has been fix now, your customer should not receive this message anymore, you should not have to do any modification.

If there is any reoccurrence, please contact us again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:16 pm
And where is the... "We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused" or some such? :eek: GAH!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:17 pm
At least the problem is fixed now. :) There is my little dose of optimism. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:52 pm
but our problem "has been fix now" :lol:

Offline Profile