<  Other Announcements  ~  Forum Headers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:39 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
For those of you that have been around awhile, you know that we instituted a rotating forum header and took user submissions beginning a little over a year ago.

I'm sad to say, we're going to bring that feature to an end now. In reality it's been over for a long time since I haven't had time to put new submissions into the rotation. Rather than continue to have people submit new headers never to see them go into the rotation, I'm pulling the plug.

Why are we doing this? In this last year we've seen our business grow to the point that Whitney and I are working about as much as two people can just so we can continue to serve our customers at the very highest possible level. While it's been fun, the rotating forum header thing is something we simply can't keep up with right now as it actually requires us to do a bit of photoshop work and file maintenance for every new submission.

So, sometime in the coming week we'll pop up a new, non-rotating forum header and our little design experiment will come to an end. Thank you so much to everyone who submitted a design...we encourage anyone who submitted a design to post a JPG of it here in this thread as a sort of archive, even if you never saw your header implemented. Our apologies to anyone who submitted a design and it never saw the light of day, we just have to focus on what is the very most important to us right now...taking care of customers and making sure we have the coolest of toys to offer.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:13 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Boo!
RIP

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:03 am
User avatarJoined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:55 amPosts: 11Location: TEXAS

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:35 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Nice one J6!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:48 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 1035Location: Mundelein, IL
Part of your job is to stroke my ego by posting my art, Kirby. I'm sorry you've lost sight of that. :(

Just kidding.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:19 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
rotokirby wrote:
Nice one J6!

agree! love the little ninja guy. :)

it was fun while it lasted! i really enjoyed seeing how creative our forum members are. it was cool of kirby + whitney to do this to begin with.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:32 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:40 pmPosts: 104Location: detroit
you should just poke at james and make him do it for you...if you make pretty eyes at him he will! trust me, he loves the pretty eyes!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:17 am
ophelia87 wrote:
you should just poke at james and make him do it for you...if you make pretty eyes at him he will! trust me, he loves the pretty eyes!

:lol: :lolo: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:26 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pmPosts: 385Location: Rotoland
Maybe put up a static page with all the headers on it so people can still see them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:08 pm
User avatarJoined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:55 amPosts: 11Location: TEXAS
pinkish_hue wrote:
rotokirby wrote:
Nice one J6!

agree! love the little ninja guy. :)

Thanks!

Offline Profile