<  Other Announcements  ~  Online Store Offline June 16-June 18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:16 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
rotofugi v2 is coming soon

Our current online store will be offline beginning Monday, June 16th and continuing through until sometime on Wednesday, June 18th.

We are transitioning to a new and improved online store on a much better web server, but since we're switching so much stuff (and changing hosts) we're going to take the store down temporarily while we make the move and make sure everything is working correctly.

We should be back sometime on the 18th or 19th with a much improved user experience and faster server, so keep your fingers crossed for a smooth move!

All orders placed through the current online store will, of course, ship on time but because of the move our order status system will be offline starting Monday, and once the new online store is up and going, you will not be able to view order status for past orders. We've tried to get the new system and old system to talk nice, but it isn't going to happen.

In the meantime, all orders that ship out beginning tomorrow will receive an additional email with your tracking numbers so you'll be able to follow your order progress even though our system will not be available.

The really good news is that the new system and server are, in our humble opinion, about 500 times better than the old one and we think everyone will be happy with what has changed (and what hasn't changed).

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:49 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:46 pmPosts: 23Location: Atlanta, GA
Cool! As a computer/internet geek, I'm dying to know what kind of software you're going to use. Are you using Agora right now?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:19 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Current site is Miva Merchant v4....new site is...well, I'm keeping that a secret for now. :p

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:13 pm
okay, look forward to it. I like the cart system you have in place now, so am looking forward to what you have in store (excuse the pun).

who's your new webhost or do you have your own server?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:11 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany
Autodactyl wrote:
okay, look forward to it. I like the cart system you have in place now, so am looking forward to what you have in store (excuse the pun).

According to whois.net the current host is dreamhost (DNS addy, at least) and I seem to remember Kirby mentioning mediatemple a long time ago as a possible new host... not sure if my sieve-like brain serves me right though.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:47 pm
[ idle. ] wrote:
Autodactyl wrote:

According to whois.net the current host is dreamhost (DNS addy, at least) and I seem to remember Kirby mentioning mediatemple a long time ago as a possible new host... not sure if my sieve-like brain serves me right though.

:)

Correct, our current host is Dreamhost...our new site will be hosted on a dedicated server elsewhere, though in general I was happy with Dreamhost. The forums will continue to be hosted on a Dreamhost server.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:30 am
Today is the day! Our online store will be going offline later this morning or early afternoon and will be unavailable until Wednesday sometime (at the latest, fingers crossed).

If you have any order questions (or need anything really) please email us at rotofugi@rotofugi.com. Thanks!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:22 am
....and we're back!

8)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:29 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany
rotokirby wrote:
....and we're back!

8)

The new store is awesome. Congratulations. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:16 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:15 amPosts: 56Location: Mexico city
very nice!! congrats :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:32 am
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

You international folk may want to take note of the new "Hold for Later" shipping option...it is specifically set up so you can place small orders and then group them together later to save on shipping. ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:00 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:45 pmPosts: 259
everything looks so modern and convenient!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:02 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 1035Location: Mundelein, IL
Love it. It's beautiful.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:59 pm
Looks good. What software are you using, and did you guys do everything yourself?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:04 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:27 pmPosts: 38
*clap* *clap*
Good job again! Site looks amazing and is functionally awesome!