<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  Past Exhibit: noop show by coarsetoys

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:07 am
ugh! :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: paws is that the rabbit on steroids looking guy?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:25 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:21 amPosts: 146
The Paws figure is the rabbit on steroids, and it is un-freakin-believable in person. 2 colorways were available, the one shown at SDCC which was grey with multi-colored fingers, and then a previously unseen black version with gold paint on the fingertips. Both were just SICK in person. The new Jaws figure was positively one of the coolest figures I've ever seen. The box was WOOD, and the opening was actual INTERLOCKING TEETH. It was literally on another level from anything I've ever seen. I just stared at this stuff.. completely awestruck.

AMAZING SHOW, GUYS!!

Get in on these pre-orders when they go up next week, trust me. You won't regret it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:29 am
dreamattack27 wrote:
The Paws figure is the rabbit on steroids, and it is un-freakin-believable in person. 2 colorways were available, the one shown at SDCC which was grey with multi-colored fingers, and then a previously unseen black version with gold paint on the fingertips. Both were just SICK in person. The new Jaws figure was positively one of the coolest figures I've ever seen. The box was WOOD, and the opening was actual INTERLOCKING TEETH. It was literally on another level from anything I've ever seen. I just stared at this stuff.. completely awestruck.

AMAZING SHOW, GUYS!!

Get in on these pre-orders when they go up next week, trust me. You won't regret it.

that jaws guy is super. so did you get anything?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:40 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:46 pmPosts: 86Location: GoIll
I'm still in awe of what I saw tonight....i'ts 4am and I'm still up thinking about it...."wheels are turning".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:36 am
Did they sell anything last night? :?:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:45 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:21 amPosts: 146
redeye wrote:
dreamattack27 wrote:

AMAZING SHOW, GUYS!!

that jaws guy is super. so did you get anything?

I pre-ordered the two Jaws figures and picked up a cool keychain and some other whatnots. I'm so pumped for November!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:14 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
User avatarJoined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 amPosts: 20Location: Texas
rotokirby wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rotofugi/sets/72157607271565863/

Thanks for the extra shots!

I still can't get over how awesome these toys are...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:05 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL

This was by far my favorite figure that they had, but way above my paygrade. I also liked the picture with the figure outside a chinatown shop(?).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:17 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:32 amPosts: 224Location: Bigger Than a Breadbox
That was a really good one--yeah, I have to say my favorite was the "battle-damage" duo. And yeah...a smidge more than I can afford...or...have...or have seen in recent memory...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5093001
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:31 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
Really hoping to get the Rainbow variant of the paw! piece!!!! :eek: :shock: 8) :oops2:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:16 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Update

We finished photography today so looks like it will be late Monday or sometime on Tuesday when we get everything that is available to order online. :)

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:07 am
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:34 pmPosts: 3Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Great looking photos, rotokirby. Thanks for posting them
and giving us a heads up on the possible online purchase
times.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:58 pmPosts: 144Location: Avondale
Kickass show. Great displays.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:28 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:46 pmPosts: 86Location: GoIll
rotokirby wrote:
Update

We finished photography today so looks like it will be late Monday or sometime on Tuesday when we get everything that is available to order online. :)

Am I safe stock-wise (both Jaws) if I wait until tomorrow?

Offline Profile