<  Other Announcements  ~  Rotofugi Online Store Speed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:11 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
I'd like your honest opinion on the responsiveness of our online store. I've been considering some upgrades with our service provider to make it faster (hopefully) but it's big bucks compared to what we are paying now.

So, the question is...

Is the Rotofugi Online Store responsive for you?

If not, what part was too slow?

Also, anyone with professional expertise in this type of thing please feel free to chip in and/or PM me.

Thanks!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:51 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:29 amPosts: 64Location: Southern California
Slow as in load times for clicking on pages in the store?

The only thing that is ever slow for me is when I click to enter the main store homepage. It takes about 15-25 seconds to load the main store homepage on a few computers I use. After that though everything works fine and seems fast enough to me...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:24 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:05 pmPosts: 91Location: Melbourne - Australia
I'm much the same as AMPEX. The first store page can be a little tardy at times, but everything else rolls quick enough for me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:44 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Note to self...figure out how to get first page to load faster. :-D

Thanks for the input guys...anyone else?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:45 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
ooo, new forum! i have nothing different to add. the initial homepage load is the only page that lags a bit. it's not much of an inconvenience at all.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:11 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:44 amPosts: 974Location: Midwest Reppin' since '81
On my mac (powerbook) with a cable connection, the site has no speed issues. at work, on somewhat older PCs but on a T1 network connection, the homepage is the only part that lags. After that, it's all smooth sailing. I think it may be the big abe pic. Either way, it's not bad.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:13 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:44 amPosts: 974Location: Midwest Reppin' since '81
Anonymous wrote:
On my mac (powerbook) with a cable connection, the site has no speed issues. at work, on somewhat older PCs but on a T1 network connection, the homepage is the only part that lags. After that, it's all smooth sailing. I think it may be the big abe pic. Either way, it's not bad.

oops, that was me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:31 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pmPosts: 1678Location: NYC
For me the store is what takes for ever to load 20-30 seconds...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:04 am
I was getting a little too lax with removing things from the front page of the store as they got a little older...I've cleaned that up quite a bit...let me know if you see any performance increase.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:13 am
Roto FriendJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:41 pmPosts: 180Location: Wauconda!
In my opinion the key to a good online store is regular updating, which I think is a Rotofugi strong suit. I perceive no real difference in "speed" with regard to browsing between your store and any other. Of course, compared to waiting in line at Walmart you guys rule!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:51 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:05 pmPosts: 91Location: Melbourne - Australia
I went to a Walmart while I was in the U.S last year. That place scared me.... :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:44 pm
yiminy wrote:
In my opinion the key to a good online store is regular updating, which I think is a Rotofugi strong suit. I perceive no real difference in "speed" with regard to browsing between your store and any other. Of course, compared to waiting in line at Walmart you guys rule!

:lolo: Same here.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:18 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
moriachi wrote:
I went to a Walmart while I was in the U.S last year. That place scared me.... :shock:

:lolo: yeah, it is a scary evil empire.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:35 pm
Roto FriendJoined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:00 amPosts: 73
Like some other people, the site seems to lag a little after the homepage like when I click on shop. Other than that, it's great!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:46 pm
User avatarJoined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:23 pmPosts: 7Location: the blu room
As many other people have mentioned, the only problem I have ever had is the connect from the front page into the shopping. My partner and I both check the site several times a day...we both love shopping here. It is, by far, our favorite place to shop online for toys! :lol:

Offline Profile